50 Years of Our GPAIn GPA’s 50th year, as we salute our operations and employees, we dedicate our efforts to all our ratepayers – the true owners of Guam Power Authority. On behalf of the Consolidated Commission on Utilities, the GPA management team and all the employees of the Guam Power Authority and their families, please join me as we mark and celebrate our 50th year of operations in support of a prosperous economy and improved quality of life for Guam.
Read more in our newsletter >
NET METERING PROGRAM MEETING NOTICEDate: July 18, 2018
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Gloria B. Nelson Public Service Building, Board Conference Room, 3rd Floor Fadian, Mangilao
The Guam Power Authority solicits stakeholder input regarding the Net Metering (NEM) Program. GPA has prepared policy recommendations for review and action by the Consolidated Commission on Utilities. The final NEM policy will then be forwarded to the Public Utilities Commission for action. Your feedback is crucial in this process.Ratepayers may view the draft policy prior to the meeting here>
New Power Plant Project
- The new 180-megawatt power plant is crucial for Guam’s sustainable energy requirements.
- The $400 million investment will be located in Dededo.
- Replaces the two power Cabras plants left inoperable by the explosion and fire of August 2015.
- Allows for retirement of Cabras 1 and Cabras 2 plants.
- Allows integration of existing solar photovoltaic sources of renewable energy and an additional 130 megawatts from planned solar photovoltaic farms.
- Complies with federal environmental standards.
Find out more >