GPA to replace existing streetlights with efficient led streetlights starting in the southern villages
- GPA is upgrading streetlights to efficient LED to save GPA ratepayers about $1.4 million a year.
- Some 6,000 of the island’s 16,000 streetlights have already been changed to LED.
- Work on streetlights in Agat, Santa Rita, Umatac, Malesso, Inarajan, Talofofo and Yona is in progress now.
CCU initiative >
Advantages of LED lighting slideshow >
NET METERING MEETING
The Guam Power Authority has scheduled an outreach meeting for stakeholders on two proposed resolutions brought before the Consolidated Commission on Utilities.
Resolution No 2020-01 AUTHORIZING MANAGEMENT TO REQUIRE ALL FUTURE NET METERING SOLAR PV AND
WIND TURBINE SYSTEMS TO ALSO HAVE FREQUENCY CONTROL CAPABLITY OR
ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM (ESS) IN ORDER TO BE TIED IN TO GPA’S GRID >
Resolution No. 2019-20 relates to authorizing GPA management to file a revision to the Interim Net Metering Rider addressing excess Net Energy Metering Credits to the Public Utilities Commission.
Resolution No 2019-20 >
Meetings will be held 5:30-7:30 pm, Jan. 9, 2020 at the CCU Conference Room, 3rd Floor, Gloria B. Nelson Public Service Building, Rte. 15, Mangilao.
New Power Plant Project
- The new 180-megawatt power plant is crucial for Guam’s sustainable energy requirements.
- The $400 million investment will be located in Dededo.
- Replaces the two power Cabras plants left inoperable by the explosion and fire of August 2015.
- Allows for retirement of Cabras 1 and Cabras 2 plants.
- Allows integration of existing solar photovoltaic sources of renewable energy and an additional 130 megawatts from planned solar photovoltaic farms.
- Complies with federal environmental standards.
Find out more >
Pay Your Bill With This FREE APP For iPhones and Androids
Here’s another convenient way to pay your GPA or GWA bill.
Visit the Apple App Store from your iPhone to get the free Pay GPWA app.
Android users can get the app here.
More Convenient Ways to Pay >
Short video >
Keep Your Own Energy Costs Down At Home.
Buying a New Appliance?
Before you shop, take a look Energy Sense for the latest rebate offerings from local appliance dealers.
Find out more >
How does GPA restore power to your home after a storm?
Learn about GPA’s order of priorities in recovering power to our island after tropical storms and typhoons. What repairs are the customer’s responsibility? And what to do to keep you and your family safe from electrocution.
Download informative pdf >
Education and Safety for Teachers And Kids
Electricity is something we all use every day. The more we know about it, the more “powerful” we’ll be.
Learn more and have fun! >