GPA to replace existing streetlights with efficient led streetlights starting in the southern villages
- GPA is upgrading streetlights to efficient LED to save GPA ratepayers about $1.4 million a year.
- Some 6,000 of the island’s 16,000 streetlights have already been changed to LED.
- Work on streetlights in Agat, Santa Rita, Umatac, Malesso, Inarajan, Talofofo and Yona is in progress now.
CCU initiative >
Advantages of LED lighting slideshow >
NET METERING PROGRAM
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
Held July 18, 2018, at
Gloria B. Nelson Public Service Bldg., Board Conf. Rm.
The Guam Power Authority solicits stakeholder input regarding the Net Metering (NEM) Program. GPA has prepared policy recommendations for review and action by the Consolidated Commission on Utilities. The final NEM policy will then be forwarded to the Public Utilities Commission for action. Your feedback is crucial in this process.
Ratepayers may view the draft NEM Recommendations prior to the meeting here>
Please forward any comments/testimony regarding GPA’s NET Metering Recommendations to the GPA Communications Office, Attention: Art Perez, Communications Manager –
New Power Plant Project
- The new 180-megawatt power plant is crucial for Guam’s sustainable energy requirements.
- The $400 million investment will be located in Dededo.
- Replaces the two power Cabras plants left inoperable by the explosion and fire of August 2015.
- Allows for retirement of Cabras 1 and Cabras 2 plants.
- Allows integration of existing solar photovoltaic sources of renewable energy and an additional 130 megawatts from planned solar photovoltaic farms.
- Complies with federal environmental standards.
Find out more >
Pay Your Bill With This FREE APP For iPhones and Androids
Here’s another convenient way to pay your GPA or GWA bill.
Visit the Apple App Store from your iPhone to get the free Pay GPWA app.
Android users can get the app here.
More Convenient Ways to Pay >
Short video >
Keep Your Own Energy Costs Down At Home.
Buying a New Appliance?
Before you shop, take a look Energy Sense for the latest rebate offerings from local appliance dealers.
Find out more >
How does GPA restore power to your home after a storm?
Learn about GPA’s order of priorities in recovering power to our island after tropical storms and typhoons. What repairs are the customer’s responsibility? And what to do to keep you and your family safe from electrocution.
Download informative pdf >
Education and Safety for Teachers And Kids
Electricity is something we all use every day. The more we know about it, the more “powerful” we’ll be.
Learn more and have fun! >